Did you know you are breaking the law if you drive without car insurance? Only two states in the country do not require it. If you live in or around the Indianapolis, IN area, Irvington Insurance can provide the coverage you need.
There are three reasons to have car insurance:
- To comply with the laws of your state
- To satisfy lender qualifications
- To protect your personal assets
All states require a driver to take financial responsibility for any damage they are responsible for in a traffic accident. Car insurance became a requirement in 1927, with Massachusetts becoming the first state to require it.
There are three types of coverage under a car insurance policy:
- Liability coverage helps pay for the other driver’s expenses in the event you cause an accident. It does not cover the policyholders’ expenses, however. There are two types of liability coverage: bodily injury and property damage.
- Collision coverage helps to pay for repairs or replacement of your car if damaged in an accident with another vehicle or object, such as a tree or fence. If you are financing or leasing your car, collision coverage is usually required by the lender.
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay for repairs or replacement of your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged in an accident that does not involve another vehicle.
If you are still financing your vehicle, full coverage will provide more protection and will likely be required by the lender. If your vehicle is more than ten years old, has high mileage, or you are financially able to replace it, you may consider a liability-only policy.
Get Auto Insurance Today
If you live in the Indianapolis, IN area, contact the insurance professionals at Irvington Insurance today. They will provide you with a quote or answer any questions you may have. You will be glad you did.