Irvington Insurance is here to assist with your home insurance needs and related concerns. In the Indianapolis, IN area, it’s important to make sure your home is prepared for storms.
Here are a few tips from us to help you get ready:
1. Secure any outdoor furniture or items that could be blown away during a storm. Make sure to bring in anything that could become a dangerous projectile in high winds, such as patio umbrellas or planters.
2. Install a backup generator or uninterruptible power supply (UPS) so that you have power in case of an outage. This will be especially helpful if you rely on medical equipment with no battery backup.
3. Trim trees and shrubs around your house to reduce the risk of branches falling onto your roof or windows during a storm and damaging them.
4. Clear your gutters and downspouts of debris to ensure proper drainage away from your property should there be heavy rainfall during a storm.
5. Stock up on supplies such as flashlights, batteries, water, and non-perishable food items so that you are prepared in case you lose power for an extended period of time due to the storm.
6. Make sure your downspouts point away from your foundation so that water does not infiltrate your basement.
Reach Out To Us
By following these tips, you can help make sure your home is ready for any incoming storms at any time of year! For more tips on how to get your house ready, or if you have any questions about your home insurance, auto insurance, or any other type of policy, give us at Irvington insurance a call today. We proudly serve the Indianapolis, IN area.